Floodplain Development

A Floodplain development permit is required for all change to a FEMA identified floodplain. Examples of development that require a permit are:

Construction of a house or placement of a building,
Placement of fill material such as soil or other debris,
Development of commercial or business structures,

Permits are obtained from this office.

On line forms related to floodplain development in Hood county are: For more information please call 817-579-3288 and visit the FEMA Property Owners resource.